Sidor

måndag 17 november 2008

How to Change the World: Looking for Mr. Goodtweet: How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter

Twitter, Jaiku, Pownce, Friendfeed and Bloggy are good tools for building long distance relationships. That friendship can have practical implications, just as Mr. Kawasaki is writing in his blog posting. I know lots of business people on the Internet I've never met alive. Thousands read my blogs in Finnish, Swedish and English. From my location, Loviisa and or Sotkamo, it would never be possible to have a live communication with all the people I happen to know thanks to microblogs and ordinary blogs.

How to Change the World: Looking for Mr. Goodtweet: How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter: "Looking for Mr. Goodtweet: How to Pick Up Followers on Twitter."

At 10:15 pm I discovered that I had not brought a Macbook power supply on the trip. I was in a hotel on Coronado Island, and early the next morning I was flying to an aircraft carrier off San Diego for an overnight visit. I doubted that the carrier had Macbook power supplies laying around, so I was in trouble. I posted a message to Twitter that I was in this predicament, and within ten minutes, five people offered to bring me a power supply. I took one of them up on the offer, and he delivered it to me within an hour.

This illustrates the practical implications of a large following on Twitter. In addition, of course, there is the sheer vanity of amassing more followers than your friends. The question, “How do I get more followers on Twitter?” is unspoken because admitting that you want more followers is to acknowledge that you don’t have many. Thus, you probably don’t need this advice, but you may “have a friend” who will find it useful."

Inga kommentarer: