Sidor

tisdag 17 februari 2009

Twitter Professors: 18 People to Follow for a Real Time Education

Twitter brings insights and information from thoughtful people. This is an example of today's result.

Twitter Professors: 18 People to Follow for a Real Time Education: "Twitter Professors: 18 People to Follow for a Real Time Education | February 16, 2009 - 4:33 pm PDT - Lon S. Cohen is a writer and social media strategist. He is @obilon on Twitter.

Helge: Need to check if I'm following him.

Never before in history has it been easier to glean from the knowledge of others who will give it away to you for free. It’s equivalent to getting higher education. I’m talking about Masters level stuff. And it’s all available right there on Twitter. I call the people I follow who contribute above and beyond the basic answer to “what are you doing?” my professors of Twitter.

Many of them don’t even know it and that’s the beauty. There is no course outline, no costly tuition (yet anyway), no declared major, and you can take as many electives as you want. There’s also no hard and fast list of required experience to be my personal Twitter Professor and tenure is non-existent. I do have very simple guidelines I keep in my head when designating my Twitter Professors:

1) RT really smart stuff from the people they follow saving me from sifting through even more of a stream of Tweets.

2) Have insightful Tweets in and of themselves (not just links).

3) Inspire me to engage in conversation with them or with others.

4) Write really great articles/blog posts on subjects I want to learn about or point to interesting articles I would never have read otherwise.

5) Expand my world experience through their stream of Tweets.

Usually, it’s a combination of many things and there is no way to quantify it, there’s no real formula and there’s no one particular Tweet that I can pull from to summarize their contributions. I just feel out the people I like to follow most.

In the blog you can find 18 people to follow for a real time education. The author asks you toe suggest your own Twitter professors in the comments.

Inga kommentarer: