Sidor

onsdag 29 juli 2009

Ideas are just a multiplier of execution | Derek Sivers

Derek Sivers has a point about the importance of execution. Great ideas are worth nothing without someone taking them to reality.

Ideas are just a multiplier of execution | Derek Sivers: "Ideas are just a multiplier of execution

July 28th, 2009

It’s so funny when I hear people being so protective of ideas. (People who want me to sign an NDA to tell me the simplest idea.)

To me, ideas are worth nothing unless executed. They are just a multiplier. Execution is worth millions.

Explanation:

  • AWFUL IDEA = -1
  • WEAK IDEA = 1
  • SO-SO IDEA = 5
  • GOOD IDEA = 10
  • GREAT IDEA = 15
  • BRILLIANT IDEA = 20


  • NO EXECUTION = $1
  • WEAK EXECUTION = $1000
  • SO-SO EXECUTION = $10,000
  • GOOD EXECUTION = $100,000
  • GREAT EXECUTION = $1,000,000
  • BRILLIANT EXECUTION = $10,000,000

To make a business, you need to multiply the two.

The most brilliant idea, with no execution, is worth $20.

The most brilliant idea takes great execution to be worth $20,000,000.

That’s why I don’t want to hear people’s ideas.

I’m not interested until I see their execution."

Inga kommentarer: