Sidor

fredag 4 januari 2008

Twitter: Where's it @ for Business? - Media Bullseye

Helge: What are the advantages of Twitter, Jaiku and Pownce? Are they a total waste of time? Does Social Media and Networking bring some business benefits?

Twitter: Where's it @ for Business? - Media Bullseye: "However, many people are finding uses in Twitter that go beyond sharing messages, making friends and staying in touch. These people are doing business. I’m one of them. I’m in the communications business, but that does not automatically mean every communication tool I try, I need to spend my life on. Twitter is one tool among several that works for me, because the community is active and I have found hundreds of people with at least some relevance to my work.

Helge: I'm not a skeptic. Social Media opens new avenues and roads to people all over the world. I wouldn't spend a minute if there wouldn't be a benefit. It's not always obvious in the beginning, how to turn the contacts to euros and dollars. The first step is always an investment and the first return is learning.

What makes Twitter Work for Business?

A social network is its members. The platform dictates how you interact, but does not limit what you can accomplish. Twitter’s limits: 140 or fewer characters per message, stripped down functionality, feed into its strengths: ubiquity, and an easy source for quick responses. So how do the above people make Twitter a business asset?

Helge: Stripped down functionality. The same goes for Basecamp and we use it for global collaboration -- as an innovation platform. I guess, Ning could take over some of the Basecamp functions.

The first, obvious answer is that people at conferences have been able to connect with each other and more importantly, with those who cannot attend. More important to event organizers than the live-blogging conversational, community aspect of this (which I wrote about previously on Media Bullseye) is the promotional side. Attendees let people know the best of what’s going on, and spread that information beyond the previously self-imposed borders of the event."

Helge: I belong to "those who can not attend" in seminars all over the globe. The Twitter and Jaiku reports give me an on-site feeling of what is happening. This is important, it saves time, money and natural resources.

Media Bullseye is published by CustomScoop to provide media, public relations, and marketing professionals with news and commentary about the modern communications landscape.

Inga kommentarer: